Photos: Grace Molan
This recipe is so quick and easy to make and it is perfect for packing inside a lunchbox. You will be the subject of envy within the office with this colourful and healthy lunch. All the vegetables can be picked up at the market, making it an affordable weekday snack. This recipe produces a lot, enough to feed 8, so you can make it up on a Sunday and store it in the fridge for the rest of the week.
2 bell peppers de-seeded and cubed
1 Aubergine, diced
2 Courgettes, diced
1 Sweet Potato, diced
Olive Oil for roasting
600ml Vegetable stock
1 jar sundried tomato pesto (green pesto works equally well)
Serve it with hummus and pitta bread for an authentic taste.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
1) Dice the vegetables and place into a large, well oiled tray
2) Place the tray in the middle of the preheated oven to roast for 15 minutes.
2) Whilst the vegetables are roasting, boil a kettle and prepare the stock according to the packet instructions
3) Measure the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the vegetable stock. Cover the top of the bowl with cling film and leave it for 15 minutes
4) Once the vegetables have been roasting for 15 minutes, turn them over and turn the tray around in the oven. Roast for a further 15 minutes.
5) Using a fork, break up the couscous so that it is light and fluffy, mixing in the jar of pesto as you go.
6) Once the vegetables have cooled, place these on top of the couscous and enjoy.
Words and Photos: Grace Molan